This topic is about comic books and how it reflected society in the 1960's and 1970's. Miguel and I are mainly going to focus on the X-Men as the X-Men series really shows struggles like Racism, Anti-Semitism(prejudice against jews) and Diversity. We will also compare this today as many people around the world are prejudiced against Muslims because of ISIS.
What:
Through my project I hope to show how comic books showed and impacted the youth of those times and how that's reflected back at us now. I'll also talk about why the X-Men were created because of this.
Where:
United States. This is the birth ground of X-Men and many other comic book characters.
When:
20th century as this is where even though civil rights movements have been going on for a long time before, this time period has many famous civil rights characters such has MLK and Malcolm X.
Why:
At our school, we are always encouraged think differently and I feel like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby thought outside of the box when they created the X-Men to show how racism and things like that were bad.
How:
Our plan is to build a display but if that fails, we might just do a presentation instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment